Electronic readers are a boon to the vacation-bound. No more do you have to pour through bookstores and your shelves at home to create the right mix of fun and seriousness to take with you to the beach or the mountains. Finish a book? Zap! Get another one!
I still like the dead-tree books…sorry. An e-reader is just not going to compete with a steamy story with a gorgeous hunk on the cover.
But the e-books do have another few advantages that may make me change my mind…
- I can carry more books and pay less to airlines, my chiropractor, my massage therapist, the podiatrist….
- I don’t have to answer stupid people who don’t understand why we read romance.
- I can read “50 Shades of Grey” and not be asked what I think about the book.
- Crossing and re-crossing my legs when I’m reading a really juicy bit can be explained away by restlessness as I try to understand the theories of Stephen Hawking.
- I can use my bookshelves for my quilting stash.
- It’s easier to get food stains off an e-reader.
Why do you think e-books are better for summer vacation? Leave a comment below!
Casey Dawes writes stories about love. Her e-book, California Sunset, will be available through your favorite online bookstore on August 6, 2012.