There is a reason we all had secret (or overt, maybe) crushes on the quarterbacks of our high school football teams. They possessed more than their share of that "somethin', somethin'"... and some grew up to be Men of men. So if you are looking for a "play-by-play", perfect prototype of gorgeousity, strong character, intelligence, determination, drive, mental toughness and, oh, lets not forget, stamina! for your leading man... then look no further than NFL's princes of pigskin. Anyone who knows me can verify that I'm not a football fan, but, oh my sweaty brow! These professional quarterbacks are female fantasies in armor, true archetypal heroic hunks with machismo and charisma enough to last a grueling 16 game, five month muscle marathon and also joust with a ruthless press.
It's the National Football League playoff season... so let's play. Here's my "starting line-up":
1. For sheer dark, sweaty beauty – Mark Sanchez of the New York Jets
2. For the greatest eyes and lovin' the fun –Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers
3. For boy-next-door cuteness and down home cussedness –Eli Manning, New York Giants
4. For bad-boy charm and a killer grin –Michael Vick, Philadelphia Eagles
5. For rough and tumble readiness anytime –Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens
6. For "how good do I look in a tux" –Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys
7. For bare chested buffness and a classic Greek profile –Tim Tebow, Denver Broncos
8. For adorable, boyish, will-do-anything-for-a-touchdown –Tom Brady, New England Patriots
9. For 'getting the job done' and then some –Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints
10. And for sheer grit and determination under damnable conditions –Phillip Rivers, San Diego Chargers
And I can't stop there! You've got the All American good looks and bulging biceps of Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons, Matt Moore, Miami Dolphins, Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers and Alex Smith of the San Francisco 49er's. (Don't even get me started on the rest of the field! Why that sexy, primal race of pulse at seeing golden locks or thick dreadlocks flopping from under a helmet, flowing down a five star back between armored shoulder pads? Or is that just me...?)
So there you have it; handsome, yet very individual faces full of dynamic personality, six-packs, wide shoulders, straining thighs and narrow hips (and just let me add, you can so tell 'cause those little knee length pants they and their cute bottoms wear on the field gives a whole new meaning to the words "skin tight"!)
My advice? The season may be almost over but Google image these NFL hotties and create your own fantasy football play list!
Happy New Year to one and all! Pam B. Morris